Description and target audience – During this noon-to-noon event basically 3 courses will be given which can be taken individually but also combined. The three courses are:
- Introductory ALD course: A concise course in which the method of atomic layer deposition (ALD) will be introduced and in which several key aspects of ALD will be addressed. This course is intended for newcomers in the field of ALD or for those that want to brush up their knowledge of ALD.
- Advanced ALD course: This is an interactive course on ALD in which more advanced aspects of ALD will be discussed. Especially conceptual and practical aspects will be addressed which one encounters when exploring new ALD processes, materials and applications. This course is intended for those having experience in ALD but who would like to learn more about additional possibilities and opportunities that ALD can provide.
- ALE course: This is a new course that starts at the introductory level presenting the method of atomic layer etching (ALE) and then go to a more advanced level. It will describe several ALE approaches and review the ALE processes developed. Also the state-of-the-art of the technology will be presented in terms of practical aspects for those interested in the method.
Course material – A handout of the lecture slides will be distributed before the course.
Program – The program consists lectures as well as of interactive sessions (especially for the Advanced ALD course and the ALE course). For the Advanced ALD course, also a lab visit is planned. The dinner buffet on the evening of January 14 is optional.
The preliminary program schedule is:
January 14, 2020
12:00 – 13:00 Welcome and sandwich lunch
13:00 – 14:45 Introductory ALD course
14:45 – 15:15 Afternoon break
15:15 – 18:30 Advanced ALD course
19:00 – 21:00 Dinner buffet & drinks
January 15, 2020
9:00 – 12:00 Atomic layer etching course
12:00 – 13:00 Sandwich lunch
Registration – Registration is open until January 3, 2020 and is on a first come, first served basis. Registration includes participation in the course, a digital copy of the course notes, coffee/tea and sandwich lunches. The dinner buffet is optional.
The registration fee depends on whether participants are from academia or industry:
- From industry: €200 per course – €500 for all 3 courses
- From academia: €125 per course – €300 for all 3 courses
- Students: €50 per course – €100 for all 3 courses
The costs for the dinner buffet with drinks is €25.
Registration is a two-step process:
- Fill in the online form below.
- Transfer the registration fee (free of possible bank charges) to the following bank account while providing the information:
– name(s) of the participant(s)
– organization/companyBank account information:
Account owner: Stichting tot Bevordering van de Plasmachemie
City: Tilburg, The Netherlands
Registration is only complete when both steps have been taken. At that stage, the successful registration will be confirmed.